Public Works and Sanitation
Our goal is to make the City of Georgetown a beautiful, clean, safe and productive community to live in.
The Public Works Department fulfills many vital functions, including the following:
- Critter Getters (Dead Animal Removal and Disposal)
- Downtown clean-up and assistance with parades and special events
- Ensures public safety by responding to weather-related emergencies and other disasters
- Garbage and Waste Removal
- Herbie Program - Distribution and repair
- Mowing and maintenance of all City properties
- Provides customer-friendly service
- Sign Shop - Erection and repair of street signs, painting curbs, etc.
- Snow and ice removal
- Storm drain clean-out, maintenance and repairs
- Street maintenance and paving
- Street sweeping
- Vehicle Maintenance - Care and maintenance (including preventive maintenance) of City vehicles, equipment and tools, etc.
To learn more about recycling in the City of Georgetown, view our Georgetown-Scott County Recycling Center Information Flyer (PDF).